Press Release: Latch partners with Hearthstone (Added 14/12/22 )
Hearthstone Investments, a specialist in suburban private rented housing, has named Latch (Leeds Action to Create Homes) as its Corporate Charity Partner.
Latch purchases derelict and run-down houses in deprived areas of Leeds and refurbishes them to provide modernised, energy efficient accommodation for people who are homeless or in housing need. The majority of its work is carried out by Latch staff and volunteers.
Intended as a stepping stone to independent living, tenants benefit from the help of the charity’s support workers as they make the positive changes they need to eventually settle into permanent accommodation.
Through the partnership, Hearthstone will provide financial support to Latch through a range of fundraising activities. In addition, members of the team may also come and help out the Latch team during property refurbishments, as well as offering help in other ways where there is a need.
Andrew Tarbit, Finance Director at Hearthstone Investments, said: “We are delighted to be working with Latch. The charity is making a significant positive impact in its local area by providing accommodation to those in need, with the practical support to help them get back on their feet so they can find a permanent home. As a regionally based charity with a focus on housing, there is a strong cultural fit with the strategy and philosophy of Hearthstone Investments.”
James Hartley, CEO at Latch added:
“With living costs rising and the number of people in dire housing need continuing to grow, the need for our work has never been more important. We rely on the generous support of businesses, grants and individuals to raise funds for our vital work and we are thrilled that Hearthstone has chosen to support our cause. We look forward to Hearthstone helping to raise funds to help even more people to benefit from our services.”
Notes to editors
About Hearthstone Investments
- Hearthstone Investments (‘Hearthstone’) is an investment manager entirely focused on suburban private rented housing in the UK.
- Across a range of funds and segregated mandates, Hearthstone manages capital on behalf of UK Local Government Pension Schemes, as well as other institutional and private investors.
- The team oversees an income generating portfolio of over 1,500 homes across England, Wales and Scotland with the aim to deliver resilient income and capital growth for investors.
- Investments by Hearthstone have increased the provision of energy efficient and well-maintained rental homes affordable to tenants in areas with an undersupply of good quality rental housing. Homes managed by Hearthstone are rented by residents on average salaries, many of whom are key workers.
- Hearthstone is committed to working with housebuilders in the transition towards net zero. Homes managed by Hearthstone emit, on average, 1.3 tonnes of CO2 per annum, significantly below the national average of 6 tonnes per annum.
- A pioneer in the sector with its first fund launched in 2012, the team at Hearthstone brings a decade of experience and a demonstrable track record. Its success is based on long term relationships with investors, residents, housebuilders and agents.
- For further information, visit https://www.hearthstone.co.uk
- Latch (Leeds Action to Create Homes) is a unique charitable organisation refurbishing derelict and run down housing in the Leeds areas of Chapeltown, Harehills and Burley.
- Latch has over 30 years experience of creating homes and changing lives and aims to build positive lives and independent futures through a unique package of housing, training and support.
- Latch strives to make Leeds a better place for everyone to live through improving neighbourhoods, renovating rundown houses and being a responsible landlord.
- In 2022, Latch celebrated the important milestone of its 100th home refurbishment, increasing the number of people it can help in the city.
- For more information about Latch please visit latch.org.uk